Please help the non-profit State Theatre stay great for another 85 years!
For over 85 years the historic State Theatre has served as a physical resource for our community, businesses and other not-for-profit organizations. Charitable contributions are vital to our mission to enrich our community by offering exceptional cultural, educational, film and performanced-based experiences.
Our 560-seat renovated main theatre, which has been in existence since 1934, serves as a meeting place for film, live events, youth educational programming, private rentals and yes, sometimes even weddings! The addition of our beautiful 25-seat Jewel Box, which opened in December of 2019, allowed us to offer even more diverse programming and entertainment options for patrons.
But none of it is possible without you.
Your tax-deductible gift makes the following possible:
- Stewardship for one of the only remaining historic buildings in Modesto, spanning over 85 years
- Allow film ticket prices and fees to remain as low as possible
- Cover daily expenses
- Provide funding needed to create unique programming experiences like the 48-hour Film Competition, Modesto Film Society (MFS) and special events, like The Rocky Horror Picture Show and the annual Oscar Party.
- Free community events
- Allows flexibility in facility rental rates for other local nonprofits
- Benefits the greater community, as patrons to nonprofit arts venues spend generously at local retailers and small businesses
Thank you for supporting the State Theatre, the arts in Modesto and the vitality of downtown.